This training system takes advantage of your pets sensitive hearing with a sound that is beyond the range of humans. When the system emits its ultrasonic sound, your furry friend will understand that you want him to stop whatever he is doing. The system also has a positive tone to reward good behaviors as well as a negative tone to counter undesirable ones.
Remote Training Systems are designed to assist in the training and the behavior modification of your dog. The Remote Training Systems were created to help dog owners deter unwanted behaviors from a distance. It can be used to control any misbehavior that you see your dog exhibiting by using the transmitter to send a clear ultrasonic signal.
After a few corrections your pet will begin to avoid the misbehavior. Eventually the same effect can be achieved once your pet associates the tone with the correction, by using the negative tone only.
The Ultrasonic Remote Pet Trainer is a small, hand-held device designed to assist you in the training of your dog or cat. Ideal for correcting misbehaviors, it takes advantage of your pet's sensitive hearing in the ultrasonic frequency range, beyond the range of human beings. The Trainer has only two buttons: Positive Tone for reward, and Ultrasonic Tone for correction. It's that simple! This has been a popular item with mail carriers and meter readers to repel unwanted advances from neighborhood dogs.
The Collarless Remote Trainer is designed to assist you with obedience training and the behavior modification of your dog or cat by taking advantage of the sensitive hearing of your pet in the ultrasonic frequency range which is inaudible to most humans.The NegativeTone Button activates the ultrasound, which startles your pet more than yelling or a firm voice command. The Positive Tone Button activates an audible tone that will help indicate to your pet that his behavior is acceptable to you. The Remote Trainer will not disturb your neighbors or other nearby humans.
• Eliminate one misbehavior or teach one obedience command at a time. If you move too fast with training, your pet may become confused.
• Be consistent. Correct your pet every time he misbehaves. • Unless you can supervise him, it is recommended that you restrict your pet from situations in which he has a history of misbehaving. However,
setting up a situation as a training session can dramatically improve your
chances of success. • If your pet reacts to the tones by hiding or acting fearful, redirect his
attention to a simple and appropriate behavior, such as the “sit” command. • When pressing the Negative Tone Button, do not say anything to your pet. Reserve your verbalization for when he is behaving appropriately.
• Pets should be at least 6 months old before using the Trainer. • Only let responsible family members use the Trainer. It is not a toy! • Other pets in hearing range will be affected by the training tones.
Therefore, training sessions should be conducted out of hearing range of
other pets. • Never use the Collarless Remote Trainer to correct or eliminate any form
of aggressive behavior. We recommend you contact your local veterinarian or professional trainer to determine if your pet might be aggressive.
Before using the Trainer to correct your pet, spend 10 to 15 minutes per day for 2 or 3 days helping him create the association of the positive tone with reward and praise.To accomplish this: 1. Push the “P” button for 2 consecutive seconds.
2. Release the button and immediately reward your pet with verbal praise, petting, or a small food reward. Spend 3 to 5 seconds on your rewarding.
3. Wait a few minutes and repeat holding the “P” button for 2 seconds following with praise.
Vary the reward to prevent your pet from anticipating a specific type. This stage of training is complete when your pet obviously anticipates a reward when he hears the positive tone.
As soon as your pet begins the earliest sign of misbehavior, press the “N” button. For example, if you want to teach your dog to stay off the couch, press the “N” button as soon as he puts one paw on it. Do not wait until he is completely on the couch.
1. Hold the “N” button for up to 2 seconds at a time, releasing the button as soon as your pet stops the misbehavior.
2. If your pet has not stopped the misbehavior after two seconds of correction, release the “N” button, then press it again for up to two consecutive seconds.
3. Continue this sequence until the misbehavior has stopped. 4. Once the misbehavior has stopped, count out two seconds and then
push the “P” button for two consecutive seconds. 5. Reward your pet following pushing the “P” button approximately once
every 3 to 5 times, to help your pet maintain the association of the positive tone with reward.